GFSS/BCSS The Mural Project BLOG -
Follow the progress of the beautiful clay tile mural project being made by students from BCSS and GFSS. Click here
for the blog!
Grad Transitions Final Unit DUE -
Reminder to all Grads, your fourth and final unit of Grad Transitions is due December 18th
. Please hand this unit in to Mrs. Argue and set up your EXIT INTERVIEW
GFSS PAC AGM -
The next PAC meeting is Wed. Jan. 15th at 7 pm in the Grad Study Room. All parents are welcome.
OPEN LETTER TO PARENTS - Click here for an open letter to parents regarding
report card rubrics and home/school communications.
Grad 2014 Parents
- The next Grad Parent Meeting is Wed., Jan. 15th at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room.
To Grad 2014 Parents: We had our first meeting on Sept. 24th - thanks to all who attended. A decision was made to have a padded lottery for reserved seating at the commencement ceremonies. Every grad's name will be entered once in to the draw and then for every grad parent meeting you attend, your grad's name will be entered again. This will begin at the next meeting.
Grade 12 Info and Provincial Exam Scholarship Criterion
- Click here
for an update on Grad information regarding Provincial Scholarships, Passport to Education, etc..
Study Block Application Forms
-All Grade 11 and 12 students who have chosen to take a Study Block in their timetable MUST have a signed Study Block Application form
in to the office by Wed., Sept. 11th. These forms are available in the office (beside the sign in/out sheets) or can be downloaded from this website just to the left of this notice. On the application form it is acknowledged that students MUST sign in or out of their study block in the main office. If students do not sign in/out during their block, they will be marked absent from the block and a call wil go home.
Also, Students in their Study Blocks are reminded they are to be in the Multipurpose Room or the Grad Study area. It is not acceptable to be in the hallway during their study block.
GFSS Moodle Courses for Sept. 2013
- A number of courses will be available via the online Moodle platform starting in September. Click here
for a listing of these courses. Please make an appointment with one of the counsellors to register.
Transcripts for Applying to Post Secondary Institutions -
All Grads who are planning to go to a post secondary institution need to fill out a PSI form
on the Ministry of Education website. The following are instructions for ordering transcripts to be sent to your choice of post secondary institution(s):
1. go the provincial education website www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams
2. click on Student Secure web icon , enter it
3. create an account **you must know your PEN number!!**
4. click on PSI forms and follow the directions
Filling out this online form will ensure your high school transcripts are sent to the post secondary institutions, otherwise they will not be sent out.
If You Need A Copy of your High School Graduation Transcript
- click here
. A PEN (Personal Education Number) is required for the online application
for a transcript. Your PEN is on all report cards.
GFSS School Improvement Plan
- Parents and students are invited to submit feedback to the school as it works towards a plan for school imporovement over the next couple of years. Staff is working on setting some new directions related to building school culture, student learning and expectations around behaviour. If you have some positive ideas, please see Mr. Stewart or email your thoughts to email@example.com
GFSS IS ON FACEBOOK!
- Check out our Facebook Timeline. Click on the "Find us on Facebook" icon at the top right of this page and "Like" us on your Facebook and you'll receive notices of upcoming events and other school information.
School Supply List
- Click here
for the GFSS school supply list.
2013/14 School Fees
- All student fees will be collected in the Office.
Fee schedule - Student Council Activities .................$20.00
........................... Lock Fee...............................................$8.00
........................... Grad Fee (Grade 12's only) ...............$25.00
........................... Yearbook .............................................$TBA
**Certain elective courses have additional fees - see Student Handbook**
Scholarship Resource Website
- AcademicInvest.com is a resource website which is free for all Canadian students. Its purpose is to introduce students to grant, scholarship and bursary funding, as well as employment opportunities. Check it out at www.academicinvest.com
Attendance Expectations for GFSS
- If your child is away, sick or has to leave early from school (or arrive late), please call the school in the morning or give your child a written note to give to the office explaining their absence. For a full day absence, the office needs to be notified either before or on the day of the absence. Please read the policy on "excused" and "unexcused" absences at the link to the left of this page (Attendance Expectations).
- The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC) has published a parent guide to advocating for students in public schools. There is a copy of the guide in the office if any parents wish to come in and review it.
Lost & Found -
Located in the office. Clean articles are taken to the Thrift Shop after being displayed for a few days just before the winter break, spring break and year end.
Medical Conditions/Allergies -
Please contact the school office if your son or daughter has a medical condition or life-threatening allergy that would require administration of medication at school. A Medical Alert form and a Request for Administration of Medication at School form will need to be completed.