June Final Exam Schedule
- Final day of regular classes for the 2012/13 school year is Tuesday, June 18th. School & Provincial exams start on Wed., June 19th. Click here
for the complete list of final exams, times and location. Please note that morning exams begin at 8:30 AM and afternoon exams begin at 12:30 pm. This is to accommodate bussing schedules.
GRAD 2013 DECORATING
- We need people to help decorate the Gym at 12 noon on Wednesday and Thursday (June 19th & 20th). Decorating at the arena will be on Friday, June 21st starting at 8:30 am. Rehearsal is at 10 am.
- Grads are reminded that the rehearsal is on Friday, June 21st at 10 AM at the Grand Forks Arena. If your escorts are able to attend, please bring them to the rehearsal too. On Saturday, June 22nd, Grads need to be at the arena by 3 PM for photos by Lifetouch. The grad ceremony will start at 4:30 PM. Grad family seating plan will be displayed at the arena entrance and family names will be on the reserved seats. There will be open seating available behind the reserved seats and behind the School District seating for additional friends and family.
GRAD 2013 PROM TICKETS
- Tickets will be on sale during the lunch hour starting on Thursday, June 6th. They will also be available from Mrs. Webster or Mrs. Argue during students' study blocks.
GFSS School Improvement Plan
- Parents and students are invited to submit feedback to the school as it works towards a plan for school imporovement over the next couple of years. Staff is working on setting some new directions related to building school culture, student learning and expectations around behaviour. If you have some positive ideas, please see Mr. Stewart or email your thoughts to email@example.com
GFSS 2012/13 Yearbooks
- Yearbook pre-orders are being taken now. The cost is $36.00. There are a limited number of yearbooks ordered - reserve yours now to avoid disappointment!
ENCOUNTERS WITH CANADA
- Encounters with Canada is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for Canadian teens to meet young people from across the country. Spend a week in your nation's capital. Take part in exciting adventures, explore future career options, learn more about your country, share your hopes and dreams - all through exclusive hands-on workshops, presentations and excursions.
Check out the website:https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/en/home.html
GFSS IS ON FACEBOOK!
- Check out our Facebook Timeline. Click on the "Find us on Facebook" icon at the top right of this page and "Like" us on your Facebook and you'll receive notices of upcoming events and other school information.
School Supply List
- Click here
for the GFSS school supply list.
2012/13 School Fees
- All student fees will be collected in the Office.
Fee schedule - Student Council Activities .................$20.00
........................... Lock Fee...............................................$8.00
........................... Grad Fee (Grade 12's only) ...............$25.00
........................... Yearbook .............................................$32.00 (til March 15th) $36 after Mar. 16th
**Certain elective courses have additional fees - see Student Handbook**
Transcripts for Applying to Post Secondary Institutions -
All Grads who are planning to go to a post secondary institution need to fill out a PSI form
on the Ministry of Education website. The following are instructions for ordering transcripts to be sent to your choice of post secondary institution(s):
1. go the provincial education website www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams
2. click on Student Secure web icon , enter it
3. create an account **you must know your PEN number!!**
4. click on PSI forms and follow the directions
Filling out this online form will ensure your high school transcripts are sent to the post secondary institutions, otherwise they will not be sent out.
Scholarship Resource Website
- AcademicInvest.com is a resource website which is free for all Canadian students. Its purpose is to introduce students to grant, scholarship and bursary funding, as well as employment opportunities. Check it out at www.academicinvest.com
Grade 12 Info and Provincial Exam Scholarship Criterion
- Click here
for an update on Grad information regarding Provincial Scholarships, Passport to Education, etc..
Attendance Expectations for GFSS
- If your child is away, sick or has to leave early from school (or arrive late), please call the school in the morning or give your child a written note to give to the office explaining their absence. For a full day absence, the office needs to be notified either before or on the day of the absence. Please read the policy on "excused" and "unexcused" absences at the link to the left of this page (Attendance Expectations).
- The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC) has published a parent guide to advocating for students in public schools. There is a copy of the guide in the office if any parents wish to come in and review it.
Lost & Found -
Located in the office. Clean articles are taken to the Thrift Shop after being displayed for a few days. Jewellery found remains in the office. If you've lost jewellery during the year, please check at the office.
Medical Conditions/Allergies -
Please contact the school office if your son or daughter has a medical condition or life-threatening allergy that would require administration of medication at school. A Medical Alert form and a Request for Administration of Medication at School form will need to be completed.